Glimpses of Soul Photography will be closed from December 16 – January 13th.
Woah, you may say, that’s a long time! It is. It’s one of the benefits of working both weekdays and weekends throughout the rest of the year and with very few breaks. But Christmas is my very favorite time of year – the whole season of it, not just the day. And this year, I’m making time to enjoy it. I’m still finishing up some editing and waiting on one more little babe to enter the world, but not accepting new orders or booking new sessions or checking email very often until January 13th.
Wanna know what I’ll hopefully be doing during this time?
- baking cookies
- wrapping gifts. Also wrap gifts on behalf of other people because that is the lifelong curse of someone who once worked as a gift wrapper in a toy store.
- listening to Christmas music (traditional, please.)
- spending lots of time hanging out with these guys…
- …and maybe taking some actual photos of them so that I have more to share than iPhone pics?
- reading a book? (woah!)
- doing crafts! Subsequently qualify for the Pinterest fail blog.
But it won’t be all fun and games during this time. There’s a lot of behind-the-scenes businessy stuff that really needs its own time to be dealt with. Like…
setting up and learning my new studio management software which will eventually be awesome and save me time but will likely make me crazy first
- updating everything computer-related that needs updating that I was too scared to update in a timely fashion because updating anything in the midst of busy season is just asking for trouble
- blogging some of the shoots I’ve been doing recently. Or less recently.
- prepping for 2014.
That last one is a biggie and what I’ll mainly be focusing on the first two weeks of January. I do love a fresh slate, a clean start, a new year, and I’ve got ideas and changes in mind for Glimpses of Soul Photography. It’s really great when a new year takes off with a running start but it’s so easy for all of the behind-the-scenes things that are perpetually waiting for downtime to just get run over.
So I’ll still be posting here and on Facebook but inquiries, orders and bookings will be saved for January 13th when I promise to take extra special care of whatever you need.